Wikipedia

The value of wikipedia is different to everyone. For as long as I can remember, we have not been allowed to use wikipedia for a source, because it's not credible. All throughout high school when I wrote papers, I was told we could not use wikipedia. But, why? To me, wikipedia seems to have very accurate information (for the most part). The reason why people say it's not credible is because anyone can post on it. However, if any false information is posted it's usually always removed. When I'm researching something and wikipedia comes up in the search, I'll almost always read it. It makes things clear, easy to understand, and I find the information to be accurate. I believe that wikipedia should be allowed to be used as a source and should stop being looked at as non credible.
image via pixabay.com

Comments